Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween

Halloween was a blast!!!! Originally, my dad said that I was too old for trick-or-treating. This made Halloween seem very unexciting. I didn't want to sit at home all night giving candy to kids while my friends were out trick-or-treating. (All though it might be fun to see all of the cool costumes, it is not fun to sit at home all night while your friends go trick-or-treating.) Then the day before Halloween, my mom said I could go trick-or-treating if I had a really good costume. I think my mom really wanted to try out the "headless" costume she had seen on America's Funniest Home Videos. I got to wear my "headless" costume and go trick-or-treating with my friends. I also got alot of compliments like, "that's the best costume I have seen so far," and, "I don't get it." When I got home Sam was in bed, so I didn't get to see him in his costume. I had 107 pieces of candy, and other little trinkets (toothbrush not included). After having 3 peices of candy, I hid my bag in my "stash" and brushed my teeth and went to bed. It was a good day, and now I have enough candy to last for a year!


(Me: headless)

(Matthew: a baby riding a warewolfs back)

(Sam: a pirate)

(Sarah: a cowgirl, and Abby: an indian)






6 comments:

Liz said...

I love the costumes! All you kids look great!

mamasuisse said...

107 pieces of candy is enough for a year???!!! That would be enough for a week for me. I like Sam's eye-patch picture.

Sarah said...

You look really cool in the headless man's wifes costume.

SC said...

I want the names of the people who didn't "get it". You were obviously John the Baptist.

kate's saga said...

I LOVE thoSE COSTUMES!
especially you and mathew you guys had such funny outfits
sams abby and sarah were cute!

Liz said...

I'm pretty sure we've celebrated Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years since you wrote this . . . and we're now coming up on Valentine's. It's time to update.